[Zope] redirect to a https server sending post parameters

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jan 17 13:56:55 EST 2005

Tvicens wrote at 2005-1-16 19:04 +0100:
>I'm building an e-commerce website using zope and I've come to a problem I
>don't know how to solve.
>
>I'm trying to make a redirect to the bank server from a python external
>method but the page which I'm trying to redirect only accepts parameters
>sent using a post method.

HTTP 1.1 explicitely forbids HTTP compatible clients to
redirect a POST request without explicit interaction
with the user.

Current browsers do not support a redirected POST at all.

Thus, you proably do not want to use "redirect".

Instead, you could use "urllib2" (maybe "ZPublisher.Client")
to send your "POST" and return back the result to your client.
Your application behaves in this case as a proxy.

>The problem is I need to do a redirect insted of returning the bank's page
>as if I was serving it.

I see no chance for you.

Why do you need a redirect? Why can you not behave as a proxy?

--
Dieter