[Zope] Zcatalog searches

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Jan 20 07:49:00 EST 2005

Zcatalog searches<snip>
From: Brian Ling
Hi all,
I've setup a site search using ZCatalog and ZCTextIndexs that's happily
doing what I want, but I'd like to take a stage further. Is there a way
using the ZCatalog Brain objects returned by the ZCatalog search to get the
text that actually caused the match? I'm trying to end up with a preview of
the area of the content that caused the match, or is a different approach
needed?
The only way I can think of doing this at the moment is to get the actual
content object via the ZCatalog brain object and then re-run a regex search
on the content, pulling out the text around any match. This just seems the
wrong way forward is there a better way?
</snip>

You have to grab the text from the search result objects and do your own
matching (regex works).  Be careful to match for the same terms used in the
index (ie. if you have done any kind of stemming you need to take this into
consideration).  This is exactly what we have done for one of our sites
(shopwiser.com - you can see how it works by entering a search term and
seeing your search term highlighted in the results).

Jonathan