[Zope] Where is Zope3X?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 20 11:58:37 EST 2005

On 20.Jan 2005 - 13:13:58, Fabio Rizzo Matos wrote:
> is interesting using Zope 3 rather Zope 2 to develop applications ??

? I don't get what you mean. Of course its interesting to develop
Zope3 Apps, but currently you have to use ZopeX3 with its limitations,
so for production use I'd recommend Zope2. If you mean if its better
to start off with Zope3 instead of learning Zope2 that depends, if you
need to come up with an app soon, you might be better off with Zope2,
as there's no release plan yet for Zope3 (according to the website)
and ZopeX3 is not really meant for production usage AFAIK.

> And Products like Plone? Don´t work in zope 3??

First: Don't confuse Zope3 with ZopeX3, as I said already, Zope3 is
meant to be backwards compatible to Zope2, whereas ZopeX3 is a working
new release without any backwards compatibility (AFAIK).

So for Plone it's going to be a new release I think, as it's not a
small project and I would expect that Plone doesn't work out of the
box on Zope3. But simple Zope2 Apps should be ok.

Andreas

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.