[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 3 for Developers Course

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Thu Jan 20 18:19:12 EST 2005

Zope Corporation is delighted to announce a new
training course on Zope 3.

Zope 3 for Developers
---------------------

This three day course will familiarize developers with
Zope 3 software from introductory through advanced
concepts. The take-away materials provide tools for
further learning, since it will not be possible to
cover every topic in the sessions. We will demonstrate
the flexibility and effectiveness of Zope as an Open
Source web development Platform.

Course Objectives:

After completing this course students will understand:

     * Zope's component architecture,

     * Creating Zope components and applications

     * Building web interfaces,

     * Controlling security,

     * Using powerful Zope framework features e.g.,
       events, metadata, schemas, testing,

     * Configuring and installing Zope

The course is intended for developers who want to build
web applications using the Zope 3 web-application
server.

Students should be familiar with the Python programming
language and the concepts associated with web
application development.  While not required, students
will benefit from having some familiarity with Zope
2-based application development.

We offer several opportunities to meet with Zope's
engineering teams, including with Jim Fulton, our CTO.

The sessions for 2005 are:

   o April 18-20
   o June 27-29
   o Sept 19-21
   o Dec 5-7

For more detailed information about the course,
including pre-work, pricing, travel and accommodations,
please go to our website www.zope.com.

Regards,
Rob

--