[Zope] Where is Zope3X?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Jan 21 08:42:38 EST 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 04:20, Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > and ZopeX3 is not really meant for production usage AFAIK.
>
> I'm pretty sure Zope 3X IS supposed to be production quality, just not
> backward compatible with Zope 2...

Yes, Zope X3 is production quality.

> > First: Don't confuse Zope3 with ZopeX3, as I said already, Zope3 is
> > meant to be backwards compatible to Zope2,
>
> ...and I'll believe that when I see it ;-)

I agree. I think there will never be a Zope 3 that is backward-compatible. It
would take a huge amount of work to provide such a layer. Compatibility will
come through a layer that interfaces Zope 2 and Zope 3, such as Five. In fact
I think Five will become *the* one.

Note: Not all Zope 3 developers share this view with me and I am not
expressing the opinion of the Zope 3 community here, but only my own.

To answer the original question, if you do not want to build a plain Web site
or CMS, then you should definitely have a look at Zope X3, since it is a very
nice framework to develop Web applications with.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter