[Zope] Making a self written module available to Zope

Hong Yaun hongyuan at homemaster.cn
Fri Jan 21 11:19:11 EST 2005

If I have a self-written module/package which contains some module level
methods, how can I make it available for use in the rest of Zope (e.g.
in page templates, python script objects etc.)?

Because it is just some utility functions, like the zope built-in
sequence module, I don't want to register them as a zope class with all
the manage* methods and create zope object from that. And I want the
module to be initialized once, upon the start of zope or refresh of
product maybe, to read some configuration file on the file system.
What's the simplest way to achieve this?

Greetings,
Hong Yuan