[Zope] Re: documentation defacement

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Jan 25 19:11:14 EST 2005

Please god not another intermittently-available sourceforge CVS
project.. we have a zope.org SVN repo, no ?

I don't have a real answer to this problem, but I can tell you what the
energetic ubuntu folks are doing just now.

They started with a wiki (moin, then zwiki; imagine
your-rapid-web-based-tool-of-choice here).  The wiki was and is the
primary place for making quick notes, gathering and organizing input
from the wide user community with minimal hassle (after irc and the mail
lists).

Now they are working on some more formal docs in SVN using docbook, xml
include features etc, which can generate multiple output formats. For
these they harvest the wiki content (and eg 3rd party docs like
ubuntuguide.org).