[Zope] zopectlsocket dies

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 27 13:43:00 EST 2005

Michael Williams wrote at 2005-1-26 20:32 -0500:
>My plone site died today and I can't get it running again. I have located
>the following entries in my logs:
>
>In /var/log/messages:
> zopectl: Unlinking stale socket /var/lob/zope-2.7.2/main/var/zopectlsock;
>sleep 1
> zopectl: .
>
>After each restart attempt:
>
>zopectl: daemon process started, pid=xxxx
>"14 seconds later"
>zopectl: daemon manager not running

A typical startup problem.

Due to a Zope bug (unfortunately not recognized by the maintainers),
startup problems are very difficult to analyse.

If your Zope run in debug mode (no "debug-mode off" in your configuration
file), you can use "zopectl fg" to start it in the foreground.
Then you should see why Zope cannot start on the screen.

--
Dieter