[Zope] Re: Pass objects from template to template via HTML forms.

Negroup - negroup at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:47:33 EDT 2005

2005/7/4, Negroup - <negroup at gmail.com>:
> Is there some way to pass an object from template A to template B via
> HTML forms?
[cut]

Thanks a lot for the replies.
I have considered all the solutions and at the end I have decided to
store the uploaded file in a zope file object inside ZODB, passing it
between zope and external methods in order to process it, and then
remove the file from ZODB.

This is the last thing I wanted to do, but considering the traps I
encountered storing objects inside the session (Error Type: TypeError,
Error Value: can't pickle function objects), and considering also that
the file uploaded by the user could be potentially very big in size, I
have thougt that store it inside ZODB instead of a session object was
a better solution.

P.S.
I just discovered a mail that looks like mine:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-August/098793.html
Probably in 4 years a lot of people have met the same "problem", but
still there is no solution to face it in the terms expressed in my
initial post; so, finally, is it impossible to implement a such thing
or it simply has never been done?