[Zope] Re: Poll: Zope and Suse Linux

Tony Addyman A.M.Addyman at salford.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 06:57:34 EDT 2005

Negroup - wrote:

> Hi all, does anyone here uses Zone installed on Suse Linux?
> What's your impressions? Particular pros/cons?
It comes with a script to manage multiple Zopes, which is very useful.
I have around 50 separate Zope/Plones running for student teaching.

The only negative that I know of comes with SuSE 9.3 Pro. Zope is
compiled with Python 2.4! All my attempts to build Zope from scratch
with Python 2.3.5 have failed on SuSE 9.3. I never had problems with
building things from scratch before though.

Tony

> Thanks

Eur Ing A.M.Addyman, School of Computing, Science and Engineering
University of Salford, Salford, M5 4WT