[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

George Donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed Jul 20 20:17:59 EDT 2005

Hadar Pedhazur wrote:

ZC says: the marks were stolen
ZEA seems to be saying: the marks were registered defensively.

My read on this is that there is a serious communication problem going
on here between the lines. Why doesn't Paul come out and state what the
ZEA position is? Why are ZC's words so angry?

ZC saying the marks were stolen seems a little over the top. What if ZEA
registered them defensively? if that's possible then ZEA should be given
then  benefit of the doubt and not be called a thief. If there was a
need to register them to protect "zope", then why didn't ZC do it?

Everybody needs to calm down, stop insulting each other and stop
broadcasting this problem to the whole world on zope-announce (for
example). Its making us all look  childish.

Making either side into the bad guy is not only innacurate but also
inappropriate and is not conducive to building a community around the
software we all love and are grateful to ZC and non-ZC related
programmers alike for, Zope.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Complete Zope Hosting ~ Managed Servers ~ Plone Hosting Solutions
Y/AIM: zettainet ~ Jabber: info at zettai.net ~ Sales: (866) 408-5395