[Zope] Re: Zope 2.8 Installation trouble on XP

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:55:49 EDT 2005

[Tim Peters]
>> I don't know, and I haven't seen this reported by anyone else before.
>> Let's try this:  cd to your Zope's (not Zope-Instance's) bin
>> directory, and start Python from there.  Your DOS box should look like
>> this then:
>>
>> C:\Zope-2.8.0-final\bin>python
>> Python 2.3.5 (#62, Feb  8 2005, 16:23:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32

>> Then type in "from ZConfig.components.logger import loghandler", to
>> try the same import you got a complaint about before.  Here's what
>> happens when I do that:

>> That means the import worked fine -- and it should work fine.  What
>> happens when you try it?

[Martin Raspe]
> I see the same error message that ZOPE gives.

FYI, pasting the exact DOS box input and output (as I did above) saves
the reader from needing to guess at 100 details.

> Any solution?

Sorry, not unless someone can give useful information.  If you're
familiar with Python, you should be able to figure out why the import
doesn't work, and tell us the solution.  If you're not familiar with
Python, it will have to wait until someone who is familiar, and can
reproduce the problem (I cannot), does this work.