[Zope] Traceback Lines for Send Mail Error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jul 26 13:03:19 EDT 2005

Asad Habib wrote at 2005-7-25 15:19 -0400:
>socket.gethostname() is not
>returning the full canonical name of the machine.

"gethostname" is not required to return the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
This is not your problem.

But "gethostbyname(gethostname())" should be able to resolve
whatever "gethostname()" returns into an IP address.

If you already told us the platform you are using, then I missed
this information (or forgot it).
If you work under *nix, you may add an entry to "/etc/hosts"
that assigns an IP address to the value "gethostname()" returns.

I cannot help you much when you work under some variety of Windows.
But, I know, Windows knows a "hosts" file as well.
Maybe, the same approach works there, too.

--
Dieter