[Zope] Composing variables

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri Jul 29 12:51:32 EDT 2005

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but can use a form of indirection that is available thru dtml:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('a1', 'aaa')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('b1', 'a1')">

<dtml-var b1>
<dtml-var "_[b1]">

will print:

a1
aaa

This will allow you to load variable b1 within a 'pointer' to a variable containing the data you want.

hth

Jonathan