[Zope] Accesing python module

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Jun 5 17:13:06 EDT 2005

Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2005, 16:39 -0400 schrieb Leticia Larrosa:
> Hi:
>  I installed the "PyXml" package, and appear in the "c:\Python24\Lib
> \site-packages" folder and i want to import a module of that library
> from an external method:
> "import xml.dom.ext"
> But i can't import from an external method any of the modules that are
> in the "Lib\site-packages" folder of my python instalation.
> Why can't import them?
> By default an external method have acces to modules that are in "Lib
> \site-packages" of a Python installation?
> I use Zope 2.7.6
> for windows and Python2.4 ("c:\Python24\Lib\site-packages" !)
> The error that i get is:

Zope on windows is packaged with own and right version
of python, which is 2.3 for all current Zopes.

So you need to use the package for python 2.3
and not 2.4. Next, since zope has own python,
you either copy the module to zopes python
or change startzope.bat to refer to your
installed python2.3.

You cannot just point to or use 2.4, since
zopes extension classes are compiled for 2.3.