[Zope] Zope product tree inheritance...

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Jun 7 15:53:43 EDT 2005

Joe Bezier wrote:

> I'm using Zope 2.7.5 and have various instances running from the same
> code base - I've edited one of my products and I'd like to test it in
> one particular instance. Can anyone tell me whether Zope will use the
> Product in the [instance]/Products folder ahead of the one in the main
> code tree?

It should. Did you try?

If not, it probably took more time to write this than to test it.

Note that placing your own products in the zope software home is not the
best idea. If you want to share Products, symlink them from a common
source. Though, I admit, this is a problem in Windows.

You can also edit zope.conf to provide extra 'products' directives.
Quoth 'zope.conf':

# Directive: products
#
#  Name of a directory that contains additional Product packages.  This
#  directive may be used as many times as needed to add additional
#  collections of products.  Each directory identified will be
#  added to the __path__ of the Products package.  All Products are
#  initialized in ascending alphabetical order by product name.  If
#  two products with the same name exist in two Products directories,
#  the order in which the packages appear here defines the load
#  order.  The master Products directory exists in Zope's software home,
#  and cannot be removed from the products path (and should not be added
#  to it here).
#
# Default: $INSTANCE/Products
#
# Example:
#
#    products /home/chrism/projects/myproducts

		--jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com