[Zope] how to authenticate myself and how to not

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:54:55 EDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Wim Bekker <Wim at vdg-nederland.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I want to edit a page, I have to be authenticated and zope ask me to
> with a login dialog.
>
> How can I call this dialog from dtml or python? (i want to switch from
> user to another user).

You can't. The idea with authentication is that *you* should identify
yourself. Not the computer. Instead of changing users, the users who
should edit the page, should have the permission to do so.

> And how can I logoff?

If you run internet explorer, you can't. With Firefox, there is a
ZMI-page menu entry "logout". You can use that.