[Zope] Product architecture question (long)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Jun 9 14:14:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:34:31AM -0600, Nikko Wolf wrote:
> However my question is this -- is it necessary for me to shutdown zope
> to snapshot the directory?  Given the times of access, I'm *almost*
> guaranteed that it's been idle for 1+ hours when I do this (famous last
> words, though those may be).
>
> Knowing that zope is event-driven (and no sleeper thread):
>  -- is there any consistency issues of backing up (Data.fs)
>     without stopping?

This should be interesting:
http://www.plope.com/Members/chrism/repozo

>  -- is there another feature of "zopectl" that would tell
>     it to "sync" the DB to the file system?

I don't know what you mean by "sync".  Are you trying to
extract data from zope and put it in some human-useful form
on the filesystem?

If so, I'd probably just use a script that calls wget
or some other standard http client to extract the data
I want.

Or possibly look into using Ape, but I've never done that.
http://hathawaymix.org/Software/Ape

> I've looked but found no Zope SSL capabilities, so does this requires
> placing Zope behind Apache, right?
> Ref: http://www.zope.org/Members/simonb/howtos/Set%20Up%20SSL

Pound would do the job too.

--