[Zope] zope backward compatibility policy?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Jun 13 04:11:24 EDT 2005

--On 13. Juni 2005 09:47:33 +0200 gabor <gabor at nekomancer.net> wrote:

> hi,
>
> what's the backward compatibility policy of zope?
>
> i'm asking because while upgrading from 2.6.4 to 2.7.2 we had some
> problems. simple ones (like the 'lines' property type seems to have
> changed from list to tuple), but still problems.

In general changes should be backward compatible (to some degree). In some
cases it might be reasonable to be not compatible with earlier versions
especially between major releases. The problem you are talking about might
be because a property are supposed to be read-only. Since lists are mutable
this could have caused some security probleme..maybe not...one would have
to dig into the CVS log to find details...cvs.zope.org is your friend if
you want to figure it out on your own.

-aj