[Zope] ACTUAL_URL vs. VIRTUAL_URL

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Jun 13 10:27:07 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 02:37:44PM +0200, Bert Vanderbauwhede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the difference between ACTUAL_URL and VIRTUAL_URL in the REQUEST object?

VIRTUAL_URL only appears in the REQUEST when VirtualHostMonster does its
thing. So if you are not using virtual-hosting, VIRTUAL_URL does not
appear in the request. This is inconvenient; we wanted something
that would always be available and would always mean
"the URL originally sent by the client".  This is what ACTUAL_URL is.

Having said that, I'm not clear on the difference between
ACTUAL_URL and URL :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com