[Zope] Form Variables

David Ayres david.ayres3 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 15 11:27:32 EDT 2005

I've been working around this issue for literally years and finally have the
time to seek a real solution. :) I can't find much information, so I'm
assuming I'm just taking the wrong approach.

Whenever a form is posted, the text fields always show up in the
request.form, however any other type of form element that has not been given
a value does not show up. None of the fields have the ignore_empty
attribute. Besides using the missing= attribute, what other options are
there?

Most of my forms have optional fields and this is especially painful when
trying to use ZSQL Methods or when creating  multipage forms that refer to
earlier form values.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Dave