[Zope] Zope programms for databases

Ralph zope.drfunfrock at spamgourmet.com
Sat Jun 18 13:13:47 EDT 2005

I'm new to Zope and made a small database application with zope (mostly DTML)
to learn the idea behind Zope, but I'm not satisfied with the structure of my
application.

I have for each table a Form (DTML-method) with 3 buttons (new,update,delete).
Each button triggers a DTML-script "actionTable"

actionTable calls either a DTML-method to display a form (update, insert) or
calling the zsql-method to delete a data record. The disadvantage with this
structure is, that it is difficult to maintain  programs like this. I wish to
have optimistic locking but to send variables to the next DTML-method is a
hell.

Example: I you have a database table with the rows id,name and desc I have to
send all record values through all methods after the user is triggering
update to secure that there is no concurrent update. But with my design
approach it's not possible.

Is there someone who has a better design approach or an idea?