[Zope] ZPT tutorial

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Jun 21 14:29:20 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:04:48PM +0100, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> > > How about the 2 chapters in the Zope book?
> >
> > I just don't find this book very helpful at all. It's written as a manual
> > rather than tutorial and reminds me of a book which explains how to chop
> > down a tree if you are interested in putting up some bookshelves.
> >
> > What I did find useful, though, was this worked example of how to put
> > together a simple application:-
> >
> > http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/SimpleExamples.stx#1-6
> >
> > That was much more useful than anything else I've come across so. Just
> > wish there were a few more examples.
> >

> Interesting.
> If you like examples, be sure to get familiar with Zopelabs.com (zope cookbook)

It probably is very useful, but I know I'd get hopelessly lost because
there is just so much stuff on it. Most of the newbie stuff about macros
is probably quite old by now so I doubt whether I'd find it with a
sequential browse through the Cookbook.

It's disappointing to find that the link from Newbies under the ZOPE
section does not function.

What I really need is something like a ZPT macro which defines a header
and footer and leaves a slot in the middle for my own content. I don't
expect to be able to write my own macro for quite a while - too many
pitfalls... I'm not even sure is that is how I should be approaching
writing a home page.

--
John