[Zope] Re: WebDAV

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jun 28 04:24:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 03:57 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> The Windows WebFolder implementation has been non-compliant with the DAV
> spec from the beginning, and further broken in various ways in each version.
>
> The usual recommendation is to buy an alternative, e.g. Enfold Systems'
> PloneDesktop, or WebDrive.

The bug may be shallower than that.  Luiz, have you tried using the URL
syntax that includes a username and password when using "open as
webfolder"?

http://user:password@server:port/

Webfolders do work against Zope, just not very reliably.  MS breaks them
every so often in subtle fun ways.  For instance, I read a blog post
somewhere that said an update to Win 2K in January broke Webfolders
against Zope completely... I haven't had such luck, my web folders still
work sometimes <wink>.

- C