[Zope] blob image from MySql

Adriano adriano at euma.com
Tue Mar 1 16:59:32 EST 2005

Andy,

>On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:40:28 +0100, Adriano <adriano at euma.com> wrote:
>  > Well, there's no longer the "array(c,...)
>  > starting; But it still doesn't work correctly
>>
>>  To be more specific, the downloaded file now starts like:
>
>(Your original start looks like this in quoted-printable encoding:
>
>?=9D??=00=10JFIF=00=01=01=01=00H=00H=00=00??=00C=00=06=04=04=04=05=04=06=05=
>=05=06
>
>Note the JFIF, which is a tagging standard for JPEG).
>
>Are you quite sure the data in the database isn't corrupted to start
>with? It's not entirely clear to me (after reviewing this thread) how
>you got it in there in the first place.

well, a little company I know has a java app, you can watch it at
www.arteikon.it and then click on the store ("Visita il negozio !")

This java app has a relational db made in MySql. This db contains
also the pictures of the store.

I'm exploring the possibility to port that app on Zope in order to
have something a bit more manageable than the Java stuff

Of course, the pictures that are in the db have to be leveraged !

So I need to show those pics from within Zope ! But now that you make
me think about it, I'm going to try to upload a pic in the db myself
from inside Zope and then try to watch it. Possibly the java
machinery makes something to the bits...

Your quote of my original start is not what I thouth I pasted. I also
checked the sent message and the chars are not the same. I don't know
wether this is a joke of the e-mail protocols. Some of the chars I
sent are grey squares, on my screen. Instead your ones are readable
numbers and letters.

Well... Andy you've been kind enough. I just hoped someone here had
similar experience and could suggest me something.

Now I try with some other pics in the db (I'm tryin every time with
the same pic) and then I'll try to upload a pic myself...

I'll let you know

How difficult would be to connect to relationa data from Zope 3 ?

Bye
Catonano

P.S. Andy, did I thank you for your kindness ?  ;)

--
" One of the tricks here is to get away from thinking that programs
have to be composed with only a simple text editor "

           - Alan Kay -

"Java and C++ make you think that the new ideas are like the old ones.
Java is the most distressing thing to hit computing since MS-DOS".

          - Alan Kay -

"The computer revolution hasn't started yet. Don't be misled by
the enormous flow of money into bad defacto standards for
unsophisticated buyers using poor adaptations of incomplete ideas".

            -Alan Kay -