[Zope] classmethod() and zope?

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Wed Mar 2 08:31:07 EST 2005

[ Johan Carlsson wrote:]
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Johan Carlsson wrote:
>>>
>>> How about Zope3. Are ExtentionClasses use in Zope3?
>>
>> I believe the new style classes Dieter refers to are used in Zope 3...
>
> What differences and/or similarities are there between new style classes
> and ExtentionClasses?
>
> For instance how does Acquisition work in Zope3/Zope2.8?
> Any docs I can (should) read?

hi all!

here's what i've found out so far:
zope 2.7.x is based on old style python classes.
zope 2.8.x will be rewritten to use new style classes (did'nt have time
to look at 2.8.0a1 yet, though)

i know quite little about the actual differences in new/old style classes.
btw: my initial problem with classmethod() is not related with new style
classes at all.

for the changes to extension classes in 2.8 i recommend reading the
changelog for 2.8.0a1...

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Juergen Herrmann
Weiherweg 10, 93051 Regensburg, Germany
Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027

ICQ:  27139974  -  IRC: #XLhost at quakenet
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de