[Zope] PHP from Zope - help wanted

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Wed Mar 2 11:27:40 EST 2005

Dafydd Monks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just takes over a site that runs Zope - the site currently uses flatfile
> html files.
>
> Is it possible to run PHP pages/scripts from zope? if so how? Has anyone out
> there done it? I'd really appriciate any feedback/help!

http://www.zopemag.com/Issue007/Section_Products/product_PHPParser.html
http://www.zope.org/Members/Mamey/PHP

Now, unless you need to integrate a legacy PHP app into Zope - which
seems not to be the case - why on earth would you do such a thing ?
Dynamic pages ? You have ZPT and DTML. Scripting ? You have Python
scripts and ExternalMethods. RDBMS connectivity ? You have
database_adaptors and ZSQLMethods. Extending ? You have Zope Products.
Simple persistance ? You have the ZODB.

My 2 cents
--
Bruno Desthuilliers