[Zope] PIL: can't call same method twice

Chris chris-zopemailing at gmx.de
Sat Mar 5 09:06:39 EST 2005

Hi David,

this is not the problem (tried it before).

The code
foo  = container.resize(context.REQUEST.image, size=size) # works nicely
foo  = container.resize(context.REQUEST.image, size=size) # 2nd time ->error
does what you suggest. But it raises the same error.

I looked at the request to see whether image is altered during the
resize (but why should it be altert at all?): before and after resize
the request has
image	<ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instance at 0x9668e2c>
as expected.

It lookt more like a bug (?!?) in the PIL-code. So I looked into the
open method of PIL.Image.py (PIL 1.1.4) to no avail. With my limited
knowedge I could not see anything obvious. The open() method opens the
file "read-only" and tryes to identify the file by reading some header
information of the file instance. This is failing however. I guess the
prefix is not identified correctly. To do this, open() reads the first
16 characters ot the file. Since I don't know much about the header
informations of images (tryed jpg and gif) I can not tell whether they
are correct.

So I still have no clue :-(

Regards Chris