[Zope] Access to Data.fs without Zope ?

Jurgen Defurne jurgen.defurne at pandora.be
Sat Mar 5 12:06:23 EST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:24:50AM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 04:52:43PM +0100, Jurgen Defurne wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Last summer I wrote an application to inventarise all my media (books, CD's,
> > periodicals, etc) which worked well, but wasn't yet complete. Anyway, I
> > started adding books as an exercise to see how it could be improved.
> >
> > However, I run Debian testing, and after some updates in the fall I could not
> > get access anymore to my data.
> >
> > Today I tried to move the contents of Zope default to a known running instance
> > of Zope, but the moment I do that, the Zope instance cannot be started
> > anymore. Replace the contents back by its originals and the instance can be
> > started once again.
>
> We need some version numbers here.
> Also there should be output telling you why it wont' start. Post it here,
> that would help...

It is now running version 2.6.4-1.6. I must have started with something larger
than 2.5.1, because thats in Debian woody. That's the problem with living on
the bleeding edge of course (I run Debian testing).

The output I get when using zopectl directly (I even modified the script to
remove the try/catch statement), just gives a timeout message, not an error.

z2.py runs when started on its own.

I just noticed that there isn't anything under /etc/zopectl. I will first try
to a working zope.conf file.

Regards,

Jurgen