[Zope] Problem with Zope 2.7.5b install: zope-home and software-home conflict

David Hassalevris bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 21:21:27 EST 2005

Hi Zope List,

Some months ago I installed Plone 2.05 and kicked it around a bit.  I
then went back to my normal Zope installs because of work requirements.
Anyway, I decide to install the latest Zope (windows version) and
installed it.
But when I go into the ZMI and click the control panel the SOFTWARE_HOME
and ZOPE_HOME point to my old plone paths.   This is odd because the
Plone instance is disabled as a service.

I then disabled *all* my zope instances and resinstalled Zope 2.7.5b yet
got the same results.

I've checked:

a) the registry:  nothing
b) enviromental vars nothing
c) the instance-home bin files:  no problems there.

Has anyone seen this?  Im stumped!

My question is (again this is windows xp) where in the carnation could
Zope be picking this old paths up from and assuming them for ZOPE_HOME
and SOFTWARE_HOME?

Thanks,
David