[Zope] SESSION updates don't always take

Chris Kratz chris.kratz at vistashare.com
Wed Mar 9 16:59:52 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 03:42 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Your hunch is entirely correct.  This behavior is actually documented
> within http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/Sessions.stx in the section
> entitled "mutable data stored within session objects".  This isn't
> really a general sessioning issue, it's more of a ZODB issue (which
> sessions use "under the hood").

Thanks for the response Chris.  It's nice to know that it's not a bug, or at
least it is a documented bug.  It's just unfortunate that it works most of
the time such as during development.  I don't like gremlins.  Ah well,
perhaps others in the list can learn from my experience.

In short to close the thread, any mutation to an item in a SESSION object must
be stored with a call to set.  Otherwise the code will fail intermittently.
--
Chris Kratz