[Zope] Re: Re: CMF -1-5-0

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 09:03:06 EST 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:27:46PM -0800, David Hassalevris wrote:
>> Tres Seaver wrote:
>> >
>> >It then provides examples of doing the linking on a windows box:
>> >
>> >~        $ cd /var/zope/Products  # /var/zope is INSTANCE_HOME
>> >~        $ ln -s /usr/local/zope/CMF-1.5.0/CMFCore .
>
> if you've got cygwin installed, sure...
> otherwise, I'd like to see that windows box ;-)

Indeed. The equivalent on a windows box would look more like:

C:\Zope\Products>junction CMFCore \CMF-1.5.0\CMFCore

The main problem with creating links on windows is that the OS doesn't come
with any programs to create (or delete) them, so you need to get a third
party program such as junction from
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml#junction