[Zope] Database not in sync for days ?

Serge Renfer serge.renfer at edu.ge.ch
Mon Mar 14 14:22:34 EST 2005

Thank you Paul for your speed answer!

 From what you tell me it sounds like I have a problem with packing! And
that could be effectively!

I use this command on crontab:

40 4 * * 6 /usr/local/bin/curl -u clean:database
http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage

where "clean" is a user I created for this operation only, with
"database" as password.

It didn't pass, because of security settings

=> I set local roles with Control_Panel/Database/manage_setLocalRoles
and gave "clean" the "manager" role
=> it worked OK manually, but with the cron stuff it didn't pass (I
must have done something wrong!)

But the thing is that a "pack" command was sent by cron, eventhough it
didn't pass (I got some mail from the system telling me that I didn't
have the rights to do that command)

Could it be that, for some reason the "packing  process" had been
initiated, although it could not go through => locking the Data.fs file
and writing to the Data.fs.tmp file ?

That could explain the problem we have!

By the way, which is the best way to initiate a packing automatically?

I have seen the "zeopack" script in 2.7.4, but I guess it wouldn't work
with zope without zeo, would it?

Thank again for your answers!

	serge