[Zope] Newbie - help with install in Suse 9.1 as root (and other questions)

f2396576 at est.fib.upc.edu f2396576 at est.fib.upc.edu
Tue Mar 15 03:47:25 EST 2005

Hello everyone, I am a zope-newbie and I'm trying to install zope from source as
root. I install and compile python 2.3.3 and zope 2.7.4, creating a user for
zope when I am asked, and I change .conf to effective-user myuser: but when I
run zopectl, cannot found the user 'myuser' (and if I try as root, doesn't
allow it to me). Of course, the browser don't find http://localhost:8080/

I need to install in linux because I have to create a collaborative editor in
the web free source. Has also to be suse 9.1. Related to this:

-To customize my own zope application, all the code to touch is the python code?

- How exactly handles concurrency Zope? I mean, two people editing same
page at the moment, how handles it? By database, by .py (what archive)...?

- Can Zope call/integrate an application, like an external editor of .po files
(also free software, probably KBabel)?

Some people has said me that a wiki (Mediawiki) could be a good idea for this,
but I am also trying Zope as it seems ascending and with much potential. I want
to try both exhaustly before taking a decision.

Thanks in advance

Jordi