[Zope] Help interpreting traceback? ZODB Couldn't load state

Jean Jordaan jean at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Mar 15 04:39:47 EST 2005

Hi all

A couple of objects in our one ZODB are acting up. This is what I see
when I try to browse to a page which lists Query instances:

Unauthorized: The container has no security assertions. Access to 'id'
of (Query instance at 40596140) denied.

Some of them are OK, three of them aren't.

When I see the above in the browser, I see the following in the log:

2005-03-15T09:56:19 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for 0x03ad7e
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/upfront/Zope-2.7.3-0/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
600, in setstate
     self._set_ghost_state(obj, p)
   File "/home/upfront/Zope-2.7.3-0/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
639, in _set_ghost_state
     state = unpickler.load()
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__dict__'

That's repeated 18 times, for 3 different ids.

The following test script finds 3 paths, but there's something wrong
with the returned objects. For example, they don't have ids! obj.getId()
acquires the container's id.

for p in context.Catalog(meta_type='Query'):
   try:
     obj = p.getObject()
     x = obj.id
   except: