[Zope] Best place for libraries

Jean Jordaan jean at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Mar 18 05:53:38 EST 2005

>> What about some shared libraries not related explicitely to Zope
>> (like HyperText, an OO HTML generator)? Should be on
>> SOFTWARE_HOME\lib\python? or maybe outside the Zope dir, in
>> lib\site-packages inside the Python install?
>
> I do the latter.

Me too, but on boxes that aren't mine alone I compile a Python
especially for Zope. Depending on circumstances, I might even
compile a Python especially for a specific Zope version. So
"lib/site-packages inside Python" could mean:

<zope-user>/lib/python/2.3/site-packages/... or
<zope-user>/zopes/py234/lib/python2.3/site-packages/...

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za