Where to sys.setcheckinterval() for plone/zope? (was: Re: [Zope] Re: SMP and Zope.

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Fri Mar 18 10:12:37 EST 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 6:20 AM, Jens Nachtigall wrote:
> For a normal plone site: Where would it get picked up? I added it to
> the
> beginning of $SOFTWARE_HOME/Zope/Startup/zopectl.py (the script called
> by "zopectl start"). However, the new checkinterval ist not passed on
> to the rest. Do I have to set this at the beginning of each script?
> Where would be a suitable place/file to add this setting?

There are a couple of ways I can think of.

Instead of patching zopectl.py, change
$SOFTWARE_HOME/Zope/Startup/run.py. The program zopectl.py spawns a new
python process called run.py, and the interpreter's
sys.setcheckinterval is not passed across processes.

Another option would be to add the patch that went into 2.7.5. The same
patch should work for any 2.7.x release so far.
<http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1661>

Another  is to create a simple Zope Product that has
sys.setcheckinterval(1000) within its initialization method. (See
<http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring/HowTo-Boring> for the basics of
creating a zope product.)

Another would be to create a small external method and then execute
that method with something like wget.

Another would be to upgrade to 2.7.5, which was just released in its
final form today.