[Zope] Double and Triple Posts

Andy Yates andy at nnu.com
Fri Mar 18 11:53:44 EST 2005

> > When a user comes to the main page on my site 100+ values are loaded
> > from a MySQL db and are stored in the SESSION object.  These values
are
> > used to customize everything from text to images on the site.  So,
there
> > are tons of reads and writes to the SESSION object going on all the
> > time.
> >
> > The only problem I've seen is when I am sending email (multiple
emails),
> > processing credit cards (double,triple billing), and inserts into
the db
> > (duplicate inserts, key violations).
>
> What MySQL table type are you using? If you are using MyISAM (the
> standard type) -- and it sounds like you are -- you are basically
> doomed. However, if you convert your database to use InnoDB tables,
> which support transactions, you should be fine. What versions of
> MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA are you using, and did you explicitly disable
> transaction support in ZMySQLDA?

I guess I'm doomed. ;-) I use MyISAM tables mainly because that was all
that was available way back when the database was created.  That was
when MySQL was not concerned with and was even proud that they were not
SQL compliant.  Now years and 100Gig+ later nobody is brave enough to
change the table types.

Looks like I should at least change the table type on tables that Zope
write to.