[Zope] Recursively read and write folders during install

Gre7g Luterman gre7g at kyoht.com
Sat Mar 19 11:07:10 EST 2005

On 18 Mar 2005 at 22:43, David Pratt wrote:

> Hi.  I am creating a product on the filesystem.  Outside of the skins
> that contain generic scripts and templates, I am organizing a series
> of folders and their contents in the same hierarchy that I to want it
> appear in my CMF site.  Some of these folders are two or three levels
> deep. Can someone suggest a method to recursively read the folders and
> files from the product and move them to the site during install (or
> alternatively point me to an existing product install script that
> demonstrates this).

First off, why develop your files on the file system?  Why not
develop them in Zope and then publish them by exporting a .zexp file?

If you must move files back and forth between the file system and
Zope, then you could use FTP.  Most decent FTP clients will allow a
recursive up/download.

Lastly, if you must use the file system and you need an installer
instead of a manual process, then look into Python's ftplib module.
It won't do the work for you, but it's a pretty easy module to use.

Gre7g