[Zope] Recursively read and write folders during install

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Mar 21 06:01:14 EST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 11:32, David Pratt wrote:

> Hi Jens. This sounds promising.  Is this the HEAD of 1.4 or 1.5?  If I
> check this out, I guess I am going to need to upgrade my Zope.  I am
> on 2.7.3 at the moment.

It's HEAD directly, meaning the trunk, or what's eventually going to
turn into CMF 1.6. Get it this way:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository co CMF

Speaking of 2.7.3, now that 2.7.5 is out you should upgrade, anyway. It
fixed some access control problems that led to weird security bugs. The
upgrade is painless. The way I upgrade is very simple:

- download the new Zope and store it separately from the old Zope
- go though the build process without creating a new INSTANCE_HOME
- stop the existing site
- edit all files in the existing INSTANCE_HOME/etc and
INSTANCE_HOME/bin and do a simple search-and-replace to replace
references to the old Zope path with the new path.
- restart the site

jens