[Zope] Accessing to the ZOPE_HOME

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 20:28:55 EST 2005

Leticia Larrosa wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> How can access to the value of the "ZOPE_HOME" that Control_Panel
> shows in the Zope Management Interface?.
> My target is read in execution time a content of one external method,
> but my zope server can run over windows or linux, and i must refer the
> folder when the zope are installed, indeed when the external methos
> are located, for example: "/usr/lib/zope2.7/Extensions" or "C:\Program
> Files\Zope-2.7.4-0\Extensions"
>
> Thank in advance

Leticia,
I'm glad you asked the question.  I think Chris Withers answered your
question in an unrelated post:

 >I'd just untar the distro, build it to a path, and then replace
references to the old path in zope.conf, runzope and zopectl.
 >Then, restart Zope.

Take a look a the 3 files he mentions:  zope.conf runzope and zopectl
and put a *path* to instance-home.  The files are annotated which is nice.
Of course if recent posts of mine are indication, I'm leading you down
stream :-0 But then another lister will get it right.
David