[Zope] Cache flipping?

Darian V Schramm darian at abstractedge.com
Tue Mar 22 16:39:24 EST 2005

I've since restarted zeo and there are no errors, and the site has been
as stable as ever. When the site initially went down the zeo and zope
instance were restarted by the root user (i just recently found out) and
the effective-user wasn't set in zope.conf. I'm starting to think that
this may have had something to do with our continuing problems. I've
seen where this could cause permission problems with the cache, am I
correct in hypothesizing this?

The error_log object in the zope root has no entries, and the error_log
object in the plone root has since been overwritten with new exceptions.
Both weren't set up to copy exceptions to the event log, I've turned
this on to log these errors.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Darian Schramm