[Zope] Zope process dies in minutes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 04:45:20 EST 2005

Nicholas Shewmaker wrote:

> I would really like to build a Zope+Plone intranet, but I'm having a
> great deal of difficulty getting Zope 2.7 to stay alive on Fedora Core
> 3.  Most of my searching indicates that this is a memory issue, but I've
> seen it on two different boxes.  The first has 768MB RAM and the second
> has 256MB, with an additional 4GB partition as swap space.

Firstup, find out more about the problem. Look in event.log and see if
htere is anything. Fiddle in zope.conf and drop the logging level to
debug, maybe turn on detailed logging and get some info that way.

Also, try seeing if you can provoke the problem using runzope instead of
zopectl.

You currently don't have enough info to even think of guessing what the
problem is ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk