[Zope] DirectoryStorage?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 02:43:53 EST 2005

Shane Graber wrote:
> Our group will be going into production with 2-3 Zope/Plone sites in
> the very near future and robustness, security, and scalability are key
> factors in our production environment.
>
> What are the community's thoughts on DirectoryStorage as compared to
> FilesystemStorage?

I think it's much of a muchness. A LOT of people care about FileStorage,
which means it gets fixed prett yquick if a problem is found. That said,
Toby is obsessive about daat integrity and tries to cater for even the
worst edge cases. That's probably what you want from the person
maintaining your storage code ;-)

Personally, I think either is a safe bet...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk