[Zope] Charset

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon May 2 04:05:48 EDT 2005

Am Montag, den 02.05.2005, 09:43 +0200 schrieb Jean at adimp.ch:
> Hello everybody,
>    I change the file "manage.dtml" in ..\python\app\dtml. This is the change
> I've done:
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
> <head>
> <title>Zope on &dtml-BASE0;</title>

Yes, thats a common problem - true HTTP-headers always
override these meta headers. Unfortunately file based
approach leaves you and most tools with the meta tags
to transport encoding accross different file based
tools. In Zope you should simply:

<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type','text/html;
charset=utf-8')">

somewhere in the header and probably skipp the meta
tag (or have it at least the same content)

HTH
Tino