[Zope] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

egroup at mac.com egroup at mac.com
Tue May 3 12:18:59 EDT 2005

Chris,

Thank you for that reference (I have an older dead trees version). Now
I understand that these errors happen, but what I don't understand is
why my users see them ("The requests which experience conflict errors
will be retried automatically by Zope, and the end user should *never*
see one." emphasis in original).

Is it simply a matter of too much traffic for the server? This is a
dual 2.3 GHz box, 2G of RAM, 10,000 RPM SCSI drives (two, mirrored as 1
logical RAID 1 drive), serving 8,000 members (now about 1,000 new
members a month, hence the urgency), 80,000 visits per month, 400,000
page views per month. Is it time to dip my toe into ZEO?

Marshall

P.S. To keep up-to-date, be sure to subscribe to the LiveModern News at
http://www.livemodern.com/prefs_mynewsletters_form .

LiveModern - Making Modernism Affordable
n: Marshall Mayer
e: marshall at livemodern.com
w: http://www.livemodern.com
p: 415.462.0561