[Zope] Re: Ape and Zope 2.7

Santi Camps scamps at earcon.com
Wed May 4 13:35:03 EDT 2005

En/na Santi Camps ha escrit:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use Ape (cvs version) with Zope 2.7 (cvs version) and
> postgresql 7.4 on Debian Sarge pure64 in an AMD 64 box.    Trying to
> mount the ZODB mount point from ZMI I always obtain:
>
> *Error Type: OverflowError*
> *Error Value: requested number of bytes is more than a Python string
> can hold
>
> Anybody knows if I can workarround about this ?   Works for the rest
> of the world ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Santi Camps
> *

Just to be known.    It seems to be a problem specific of amd64
architecture.    Testing the same in a 32 bits box works fine.   I don't
know if the problem is in Ape or in psycopg.   Probably the last one.

I'm beginning to have too many applications running throught a 32 bits
chroot subsystem :-(

Regards

Santi Camps