[Zope] HTML post processing in Zope

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Wed May 4 23:14:46 EDT 2005

Cyrille Bonnet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to perform a post-processing on all HTTP responses, before
> they get sent to the browsers. I am using Zope 2.7.3 nad Plone 2.0.5.
>
> I had a look at the ZServer class: it seems to be the right place, but I
> don't understand all the code there and I am afraid to break something :-(
>
> Am I on the right tracks there? Could someone with great Zope knowledge
> be kind enough to point out which method I should change? (I want to
> change the HTML content, not the headers).
>
> Any pointer would be appreciated.

I would recommend getting Apache or something like it to act as a proxy
and do the rewriting there. That would likely be much cleaner than
futzing with ZServer. Though I can't say exactly how this would be done.

But, yes, that's probably the right place to go. I believe, based on a
very quick look at the code, that continue_request in
lib/python/ZServer/HTTPServer.py is probably the last place to get a
hold of the response before it's sent.

		--jcc

--
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/