[Zope] Re: Epoz and Tidy

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Thu May 5 08:29:55 EDT 2005

Thursday, May 5, 2005, 9:10:23 AM, Duncan Booth wrote:

> Cyrille Bonnet wrote:
>
>> Daniel Dekany wrote:
[snip]
> One of my thoughts is to provide a separate 'clean this up' button which
> would apply a more aggressive tidy-up than the one when saving. Also, I
> agree that only applying the tidy on save is bad, but there isn't a cross-
> browser way to detect a paste, and applying the cleanup on a large
> document every time you cut/paste one word wouldn't be nice either.
[snip]

Did anybody considered using other client side technologies than
JavaScript, like using a Java Applet or Flash as the editor? Maybe they
can capture paste events and such (I don't know...), also they have much
less cross-browser problems (like they work with Opera and Safari). Yes,
they can't render HTML on the same way the browser, but after all, if we
are talking about a place where users enter pure content (I mean,
structure) then maybe it is not a that big problem. I mean, the user
sees clearly that he has made a paragraph here and ha level 1 heading
there, even if he doesn't see how will it exactly look regarding the
visual design. At least (s)he will concentrate on content rather than on
visual design. Anyway, I think that HTML is not the ideal scheme for
entering content.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany