[Zope] A memory leak in Zope, PageTemplateFile and macros?

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Thu May 5 12:07:47 EDT 2005

Hi all.

While debugging an application of us I suspected we had a memory leak,
so I started with the usual divide et impera approach, trying to figure
where exactly was the problem.

I therefore started removing all code from inside the main templates in
our system, so that I could figure where the problem was.

The surprise was that even if I removed all the code, still I was able
to see the memory footprint of the zope server raise as new requests
arrived.

I'm using ab from Apache project to test. I've devised a very simple
product which shows the problem, which I include.

I tested this with python 2.3.4 and Zope 2.7.6

Test string was:

ab2 -A admin:admin -n 100 http://localhost:8080/LeakPT1/start_html

Regards
Marco